DEARBORN HEIGHTS — A local family said they are heartbroken after a neighbor’s pit bulls allegedly attacked and killed their pug in their own backyard.
Jeff and Tiffany Holcomb were vacationing with their four girls in Galveston, Texas when they got the bad news. It was Tuesday and Tiffany’s father was on the phone.
He had let out the Holcomb’s pugs, Mya and Rocky, into their backyard and later returned to find the pit bulls mauling Mya.
Something has to be done in this city about these dogs. Jumping over a fence why are they not on a leash in their owners yard? What about kids that want to play outside in their own back yard. We need to make sure that every home in our city that has a pit bull has a sign visible from the street that a pit bull lives at that home. If they are not going to register their dog then they can have it taken from them what is it going to take for everyone to realize that this breed of dog is dangerous does someone god forbid have to die. To those of you who own pit bulls and are responsible dog owners please speak up on what you think should happen to these people who are not responsible. I know there are many responsible pit bull owners, but we are not hearing from you. You need to take the lead on this I can not believe that you think this is ok.
- Mysa.com: Man shoots pit bull, ending attack (mysanantonio.com)
- Knox deputy shoots pit bull in Halls (knoxnews.com)
- Breeding Killers? (freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Sacramento police kill pit bull after horse attack (sfgate.com)
- Pit bull attacks woman in Simi Valley (abclocal.go.com)
- Pit Bull Attacks Leave NYC Dog Owners On Edge (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- NC toddler mauled by grandmother’s 5 pit bulls (seattletimes.nwsource.com)